What is a Sitz Bath Tea used for?
A total postpartum game changer, sitz baths not only fast track healing, but our “zero clean-up” Sitz Bath Tea is designed to fit into newborn life. Recommended by most practitioners, an herbal sitz bath is one of the most effective ways to naturally treat the itching, pain and irritation that often occurs after vaginal birth. Sitz baths are also highly effective in treating (super common in pregnancy and postpartum… Nope, not fair at all).
Why Parents Love this Product
- All the natural soothing of sore and tender perineal tissue with no clean up.
- Eases the discomfort experienced after perineal tears.
- Sitz baths are the number one way to bring down swelling after vaginal birth.
- An excellent reason to take a few minutes for recovery and stress relief.
Why It Works
Epsom Salts: a therapeutic and stress relieving remedy to treat skin irritation and inflammation.
Comfrey: packed with anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce bruising and heal wounds.
Calendula: an anti-inflammatory and soothing herb which helps to reduce swelling and fight infection as a natural antiseptic
Chamomile: relieves inflammation and is full of powerful skin regenerating antioxidants.
Lavender: smells beautiful and promotes calm and anti-anxiety.
How to Use this Sitz Bath Tea
- Consult with your primary care practitioner before use after giving birth. Post-vaginal birth it’s common to be given the green light early on, even immediately. If you’ve had a cesarean birth you will likely be advised to wait longer before bathing.
- Ensure your bathtub is clean and fill with 1-2 inches of lukewarm water; toss in your Sitz Bath Tea and allow it to dissolve; sit for 5-10 minutes (or longer!); repeat as needed.
- Ultra course epsom salts, lavender and chamomile flowers, calendula, symphytum officinale (comfrey)
- Sels d'epsom ultra cours, fleurs de lavande et de camomille, calendula, symphytum officinale (consoude)